Set Analysis is essential to create advanced aggregation formulas either in QlikView or Qlik Sense. Once you master basics of Set Analysis, you are on your way to create sets that are independent of user selections. Or to use data returned by a bookmark even when bookmark is not activated.
This is powerful as now you can create comparative analysis between different time periods.
It’s relatively easy to master basics once you understand three categories(Identifier, Modifier and Operator).
But advanced Set Analysis requires the understanding of complexity that takes time and patience. So, I thought to create a list of articles that may help you accelerate your journey towards holistic understanding of Set Analysis.
- Natural Sets by Henric Constrom
- Three components of Set Analysis by QlikShare
- A Primer on Set Analysis by Henric Constrom
- AND Mode in Set Analysis by QlikTips
- Set Analysis:Prior Period Comparison by Steve Dark
You can also register to attend a FREE Tech Thursday session, August 18th, hosted by my friend Dalton Ruer. He is Healthcare Solutions Architect at Qlik.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Ignore some user filters but enforce others to simplify what the end user needs to do and ensures numbers are not misconstrued.
- Do true co-morbidity mapping where you can say “show me patients that have this condition AND that condition AND this other condition.”
- Do year over year comparisons in context driven charts.
- Do true comparative analysis between physicians/systems/departments.
Enroll in my QlikView Developer course at udemy for just $29(28% off)